Re: Morokanth and fixed INT

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 13:58:47 -0400 (EDT)

Carl Fink:

 <<Just thought of something: since all Waha khans (or was it shamans?) have access to Fix INT, why don't other tribes have "herd Morokath"? Is it just that Morokanth make really lousy domestic animals, being unrideable and lacking thumbs? >>

     So do impalas, if you're not a pygmy. However, this would follow directly from my heretical theory about 'Fix INT'. Since IMG, it does not transform the digestive tract of the subject [1], a herd-Morokanth is a damn expensive thing to keep; it just can't live off that scrubby crud that herd animals (including herd-men) eat. Morokanth IMG are omnivores, with a diet similar to humans, and Fix INT won't affect that. The same is also true for a Fix INTed human, which is why IMG this spell is not used in the same way it will be in most other campaigns.

[1] note that while this is apparently rejected by most (not all) Digest contributors and other RQ players I've spoken to, it is consistent with the description of the spell in both GoG and ToTRM #15.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky