Wild Rice Grain Goddess?

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 04:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

Sergio Mascarenhas asks...

> Grain godesses:
> The grain godesses are related to domestic grain plants. Are they also the
> spirit of the respective wild plants? Do all wild grains that weren't
> domesticated have their respective spirit? Aldrya is the godess of
aldryami
> regions. Are there other plant godesses or gods in wild non-aldriami
> places?

     Hey, I'm suddenly reminded of Wild Rice that was (and is, I think) gathered by Amerinds around lakes. I'd make a guess that ducks would gather it also, and in all likelihood there's a specific grain goddess for it even though it isn't necessarily cultivated. I'd figure that any grain that intelligent creatures eat has some kind of grain goddess; the ones they don't eat probably do too, but nobody cares.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham.... Where skunks rule the night. Hmm, skunk hsunchen?