Altinae & Dragonewts

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.ntnu.no>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 12:54:09 +0200 (MET DST)

I wonder if anyone out there can help me with a problem. My campaign might just involve some of the Altinae soon, but I know next to nothing about them. I could just make it up as I go (and I probably will) but I'm also interested in finding out what they were like in Stafford's original stories. Anyone lucky enough to have read, or posess these old stories? What I'm curious about is:
	Physical appearance.
	Culture
	Magic
	etc.

Peter Metcalfe on dragonewts:

> >And while I'm at it, are dragonewts really just a kind of dragon
> >hsunchen (probably not)? And does that make newtlings newt hsunchen
> >based on a dragonewt rather than a human model?
>
> The situation is much more complicated. The Dragonewts of
> Dragon Pass were never originally humans and have no relation
> to the man rune. They are said to be cousins to the newtlings
> and so it is my opinion that the dragonewts (of Dragon Pass)
> are Newtlings who turned to worshipping Dragons and thus
> became draconized in some remote age.

But isn't it obvious? The dragonewts are the nephilim of the glorantha universe. Inner development causing physical changes and all of that. In addition it explains why they like to keep all those newtlings around (fresh supply of simulicra). The story about the eggs is a lie :)