Dogs and Wolves

From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 08:46:36 +0200

Hi everyone,

Peter Metcalfe in Digest #139 :

> Every species of animal, plant and fungi in glorantha has its own
> spirit. In many cases, two or more names for the same creature
> spirit may be known (for example the Telmori and the Dog People,
> the Galanini and the Pentan horse riders etc).

I'm interested in this example. Do you propose that Telmor and the Big Dog are the same dieties and that wolf spirits are the same as dog spirits ? Do you just ignore Dorastor, LoD ("Both the Telmori and the dog-people of Balazar recall an encounter between their dieties. The results of this fight are unclear, but the two peoples have an undying hatred of each other, even though they had no contact for centuries." p.119) ?

Please explain
- ---
bye, Thomas

Email : Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net
Homepage Telmori's Forest :
http://home.t-online.de/home/Telmori/telmori.htm

"It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven !"