UZ toonz

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Computer) <"Daniel>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 10:41:01 -0700

Several People have mentioned that Uz (esp ZZi) would prefer to listen to Heavy Metal. And I agree... to a point. Though the feel and purpose
(loud, angry, annoying to mom) is correct, I just don't know where Jo
Uz is going to get himself a "flying V" and a Stack of Peavy speakers... I just can't see there being a consistant enough trade with the dwarves to provide enough electric guitars to consistantly reproduce Dio-Era Black Sabbath ;-)

        On a (rather weak) aestheic point, Would Uz Headbangers be skinny, big-haired, and spandex-clad like their RW counterparts? Even the really hardcore HM folk tend towards the scrawny end of things
(either scrawny, or with those big poncy Swartzenegger weightlifting
muscles...) And I just can't see many ZZi with long hair... they play with FIRE after all... ( and I've Personally seen what can happen to pyromaniac metalheads)

        Also, the "Satanic" "Demon-Worshipper" thing would be really boring to the uz. If you really want to tweak out Mom, you need to write songs about sunshine and Fluffy Bunnies, where everyone lives happily ever after... Mebbe Donovan, or Pizzicato Five... "Sunshine Superman"... now THAT is gunna torque mom Real good ;-)

        and of course, the REAL reason that GothIndustrial is the way to go for traditional UZ music -- They'd get to wear Latex Leggings, and con attendance would surly increase...

        (btw -- "Mob Rules" is a perfect set of lyrics... or even the seed for a "MOB rules (MGF)" scenario...)

danm