Supplements and Ducks

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 23:26:06 GMT

Jacent Vick Needs Info On Supplements. Right then.....

> Elder Secrets (Elder Races maybe?)

A boxed Avalon Hill supplement with two books inside: Elder Secrets contains much weird and strange stuff on the weirder and more dangerous bits of Glorantha, including stuff about Dragons, the stats of the Crimson Bat and other even more dangerous things, stuff about minerals and astronomy and lots more. Then there is the even thicker Elder Races book which despite repeating much of the stuff from the various Troll supplements (again!) also contains cult writeups for the Elves and Mostali and brief articles on the other ancient and strange races of Glorantha.

> Sun County

A supplement by our very own MOB set in theocratic, straitlaced (and not at all transvestive, OH no!) Sun County. Contains stuff about playing Yelmalions and a series of rather nice adventures set around the County.

> River of Cradles

A supplement which reprints much of the material from the RQ 2 Pavis boxes although not much from BIG RUBBLE. It also contains a long and rather good adventure set around a Gorp infestation on the Zola Fel which is for my money the best intro to RQ3 Glorantha. Also has the long cult writeups for Orlanth, Lhankhor Mhy, Zola Fel, Storm Bull and Chalana Arroy.

> Strangers In Prax

This has three sets of scenarios written around highly powerful NPCs who are in one way or another visitors to the Plaines. A group of noble, upright and decent Lunar special agents, Glorantha's equivalent to Captain Ahab (thrill as you descend with him into the gullet of one of the biggest monsters on the Lozenge!) and a western sorcerer and his apprentice. Very good if not for starter level characters.

> Shadows on the Borderland (A reprint of the Borderlands RQII campaign?)

No. A trio of high-level chaos fighting adventures linked together. Great fun if deadly as all get out.

All greatly to be recommended if you can find copies.

Luc Lavergne <arkat_at_rocketmail.com> asks a logical question:

> Subject: Animal Ducks
>
> What is the connection between Gloranthan Ducks and their animal
> cousins. Do Ducks herd animal-ducks, are they sacred to them or are
> they eaten by them ? Are animal-ducks Ducks with fixed INT !!!?

Well, how do you feel about monkeys and apes? They are our cousins and few and far between are the humans who will treat them as a food source.

An animal duck is the normal size and disposition of an Earth duck. They are animals so have fixed INT.

> Also, is there a web site where I could find the Duck Mini-Pack
> or is there a project for one ? All this work on duck is just
> fabulous. I can't wait to use this stuff in my next games. I'm even
> thinking about an entire duck party...

Not that I know of although the next Tradetalk should have some Duck-Lore in it.

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.