Animals of Pamaltela.

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Sep 97 20:37:42 EDT

Hi All,

 In a recent posting Sandy said that no cloven hooved animals dwell on the Veldt, we know you get Titanothere and Baluchithere wandering around. What about creatures such as giraffe, elephants and cameloids?

 On the coastal regions and in the forest do you find hooved animals such as small deer?

 What are the common domestic animals amongst the coastal peoples? A lot of the Fonrit stuff refers to goats, which are being exported to Kumanku and I would assume can be found through out the coastal area.

 What do people use as beasts of burden? Not horses, but what about oxen? I guess that man power is the most common.

 Some suggestions for Pamaltelan mammals/animals.

 JUNGLES/FOREST                       VELDT/PLAINS
DOMESTICATED
 Small mammal eg. Agouti           Titanothere
Goat
 Primates eg. Lemurs                   Armadillos
Guinea Pigs
 Jungle Pigs                                    Baboons (normal)
Baboons ( Semi-Fonrit)
 Jungle ox                                         Elephant
Dogs
 Bats                                                  Ant eaters
Cats
 Leopard/Jaguar                             Cheetah
Pigs
 Sloth Bear                                       Ground Sloth
Chickens
 Jungle Antelope (eg. Bongo)       Rhinos

 Cheers Simon Bray.