Re: Uz Toons

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 23:09:28 -0400 (EDT)

Daniel McCluskey doubts the aesthetics of Uz metalheads (with good reason):

But the clear rebuttle: Lemmy. If he's not a troll of some sort, I'm scared. ;) And that Motorhead thingee on the covers sorta looks like a troll...

Problem with Rap, of course, is that trolls don't do the thick gold-chain wearing thing -- and their own oppressed class isn't in a position to squawk about it. Typical trollish rap might be something along the line of:
  Rap Trollkin: "I aintcha dinner, can't you see--"   Annoyed Troll: "Shut up, and get inside o' Me. <Gulp>" Making for very short careers.

In fact... thinking of urban, gold-loving, oppressed groups, the one that springs to mind is the DH lower classes. So all the Gloranthan rappers are actually hanging about Lunar land, I suggest. ;)

> Also, the "Satanic" "Demon-Worshipper" thing would be really
> boring to the uz. If you really want to tweak out Mom, you need to
> write songs about sunshine and Fluffy Bunnies, where everyone lives
> happily ever after... Mebbe Donovan, or Pizzicato Five... "Sunshine
> Superman"... now THAT is gunna torque mom Real good ;-)
What was I thinking! Clearly, it's Aldrya and not ol' Scratch that'll make the album covers. And what Trollish rebel band *doesn't* have an album entitled "Foodsong?"

So if it's not metal, and not rap, is it country? Trolls bewailing the Curse o' Kin with "Yer Cheating Womb" and "Mommas, don't let your babies turn out to be Trollkin" or commemorating Kingtroll with "Achy Breaky Arkat"?