RE: Herbs

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 16:13:22 -0400

Jane Williams said:
>Also, who would be interested in my producing a much more detailed
>listing of healing herbs and their uses, preparation, cultivation, etc.?
>Along with descriptions of the illnesses they cure? The rules-effects will
>be no different to what we already have, I just want the atmosphere.
>Would anyone else use it?

I'd be interested Jane. It's been in the back of my mind to do something like that myself but I'm lazy so I was going to use the information included in Powers and Perils. (Hey, people may scoff but we had fun playing that system. Nothing like a party almost entirely composed of Ubermenschen (just one individual who was normal sized) who had to travel with an ox cart full of cheese-best food value to weight ratio-or risk starving to death)

P&P has an extensive list of plants, animals parts and gems and their special qualities.

There used to be two really good Internet sites for herbal info but having just checked they both seem to have vanished into the ether.

Oliver D. Bernuetz
bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca