Little Monkeys, Lunar Leapers and Teleos

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 05:18:15 -0400

Hi All,

 I had never heard any of the things that Pete Metcalfe had to say about Teleos, some of it I found hard to credit and would not use, although it would be fun in a campaign as a series of alternative twists. Perhaps use my Teleos stuff as the apparent reality and slip Pete's in as Teleos' BIG secrets.

 I have read about the Orang Utan in Indonesia, they are supposed to have become quite bright and are known to steal motor boats (even starting the engine). I definatley think that they live in Teshnos, perhaps some inhabit ancient ruins and look enviously on the humans who have the gift of fire, believing that if they were to gain it then they would become "Kings of the jungle" ....OOOeeeU I wanna be like you-who-who, I wanna talk like you, walk like you............

 I think that Teleos has Aye-Aye living in its forest, these strange nocturanl primates are viewed by the Teleons as the most frightening creature in the universe. They are beleived to be able to steal a mans soul with th touch of a finger and to see one is to be cursed with bad luck for a life time.

 I Kralorela there is the little Inkpot Monkey, this strange little black and white creature sits beside any person who is writing with ink. It sits and hums a plesent little noise, that many writers claims to relax the thoughts and bring inspiration. Once the writer has finished the little animal grabs his inkpot and greedily drinks its contents. The Inkpot Monkey will continue to return to the writer for an indefinate period, scholars say that it depends on the nature of the writing. If the monkey is ever refused the ink then it will run away screaming curses that always come true.

 I still don't know about the Yranian Leapers, I like them as being Lopers and as Lunar, Leaping Lunar Lopers. Perhaps they were Annila worshippers who beleived that the Red Moon was in fact a transmogrification of their Blue Moon. This inspired them to become a sudden political power, a little Moony Madness. They gained magics from both gods and perhaps summoned the Loper people back to aid them. The whole thing was going fine until someone received a divination from Anilla that told them the truth, losing inspiration they became weak and were ousted.

Cheers Simon