lopers

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 03:48:01 +0800

Peter Metcalfe
>I think the Yranian leapers had special leaping magic and
>were followers of the Red Moon which was newly risen. They
>came from Faladje which is in the civilized heartlands of
>Fonrit and somewhat unlikely to have undiscovered creatures
>wandering around...

        I like the suggestion of Stephen that the Yranian Leapers where somehow connected with the Lopers of the Loper People. The Lopers where capable of teleporting around (so could easily appear in numbers unexpectedly), and where always known for appearing and disappearing mysteriously, and the Loper people as blue moon worshippers would almost certainly find the Red Moon significant. Perhaps some Faladje Veldang discovered a source of the Lopers ridden by their savage ancestors, and began teleporting them in in large numbers?

        I find tieing the Yranian Leapers into a known (if obscure) people much more compelling than a bizarre group of bouncing Fonritian Red Moon worshippers. Besides, the Lopers People would make fine villains.

        Cheers

                David