Teleosiana

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 97 19:34 MET DST

Stephen Martin

>Plus, the write-up makes them of Agimori stock, not Kralorelan. Because
>of this, I made a link to Pamalt in one of their myths.

Masloi rather than Doraddi, I suppose... Does their language have any relation to either Tanyen (East Islander), Imperial Kralori or Thinoko?

>Their mythology is so much more interesting if they are allowed to always
>have been of many colors, rather than changing color for some reason
>during the Closing.

IIRC Sandy said that the colour-coding occurred during the Closing.

>As stated above, the Teleosians do not war among themselves, and until
>recently had no outsiders to war against. Thus I see no need for all of
>these miniature dinosaurs. Can't we have at least one Gloranthan land
>which is not populated by dinosaurs?!?!?!

Sure. Anywhere where there are no dragonewts. Remember, dinosaurs are nothing but imperfect d'newts. If you are Jurassophobic, go to Fronela...

>A final note: the write-up has the population of the Teleosians as
>ranging from about 85,000 to 170,000 people in each tribe, about 695,000
>total. Plus another 15,000 dragonewts and 50,000 yellow elves. It also
>lists 5,000 "Other", though I have no clue what these other 5,000
>intelligent denizens are. Monkeys, anyone?

5,000 Other sound to me like the port colonies of East Islander, Kralori and Masloi sailors.