Talthum & Satyr/Broo

From: Peter Linton Tracy <937058_at_bud.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:19:55 +1000 (EST)

Andrew Behan nailed down the name of the Talthum for us.... very similar grammaticly to talcum... similar word roots.

Also note that Balor had only one eye, a very big 'eville'-eye... ever got lime in your eyes... F#_at_& it stings, no wonder Balor died! ;-)

What is the connection between these hybrids?

Both are Goat-men.
Both are 'horny'.
Both are promiscuous.

IMHO Satyr may be Broo who have severed ties with Thed when she turned to Chaos. Or vice versa, Broo were members of the race who followed Thed into excess. They were initially related, but were seperated during the god's war strife - Broos following Thed, and Satyr following some other deity, Uleria/Lady of the Wild.

I like the idea that Satyr (Or maybe anyone) who are excessive in their pursuit of sex, and commit rape, become Broo. Or that Broo can be cleansed of chaos to become Satyr.

I'd like to know, about Satyr breeding. According to the original write-up, they generally breed with Nymphs, I guess with a Harpy like ritual to ensure Satyr-birth. If they are related to Broo, is there a chance of Broo-birth? Are they sterile, only increasing numbers when a Broo converts (who are sterilised by the process, the 'Clense Testicles/Crunching Rock' Ritual/Quest)?

What does it take for a Satyr to fall sway to Broo-dom? Obviously rape! What does it take for a Broo to become a Satyr? If a Satyr commits an act of rape, is the child a Broo? (Or for that matter, the child of any rape?)

Who do the Satyr worship? Uleria, Lady of the Wild, Arachne Solara, Spirits, Aldrya, Nelat/The Cleansed One Cult, any sexy goddess?

I'd like to find out the relationship between these races, if any (The GodLearners couldn't pass up a chance to tamper with this coincedence, so now there !HAS! to be a connection made by them, if not one before the day the magic changed.)

Maybe the Satyr worship Tolat, the god of Studs? ;-)

Give me your best shot, I'm trying out some ideas I really like, I hope you do to.

Pete

GloranthaCon Down Under II
Jan 24-26th 1998
Melbourne