Teleosian and Teshnan human stock

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 23:40:51 +0200

Peter Metcalfe:

> My source for making them Kralori Stock is during the RQ-CON II
> Lore Auction. There Nils asked why the Teshnans speak a different
> language family than the Kralori and Greg then mentions something
> about the myth about Teleos being the ventre of the earth. He
> may have been confused about Teshnos and Teleos or he may be
> implying that the Teshnans are of Masloi stock and not Kralori.

That's two and a half years ago, so my recollection is a bit muddy, but in my memory the answer was a bit incoherent. Rather of the "totally unprepared, have no idea, must formulate a quick theory on the fly" kind.

The Glorantha Book in the Genertela box says that Kralori humans are found in Kralorela, the East Isles, Vormain and Teleos. Later on it states taht there are minor races ion addition to Wareran, Agimori, Kralori and Veldang, for example Waertagi and the six-coloured Teleosians. So I guess the Kralori paragraph should say Teshnos, not Teleos.

In my Glorantha, the Teshnans are mixed Kralori and Wareran, the Night caste being most Wareran and the higher castes more Kralori.

Anyway, if the Teleosians were not always multi-coloured, as Sandy says, Kralori _feels_ like the most likely choice in lack of any evidence. If they were always multi-coloured as Stephen says, then they are a race of their own.

Then again, the East Islanders are Kralori, as witnessed by their epicanthic eyefolds, but they also differ very much in skin and hair colour from island to island.

If I ever had a point to this post I have lost it somewhere...

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689