Re: Satyr

From: Peter Linton Tracy <937058_at_bud.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 14:40:16 +1000 (EST)

Someone just told me Satyrs aren't Gloranthan Critters (that true?), I don't have a book handy, but I recall a fanzine scenario (ToTR?) featuring one in Katheala, by MOB I beleive. If Glorantha doesn't have them, It does now, since what else shold a cleansed Broo be clasified as (other than missunderstood ;-)

I think the ritual of cleasing is a fundamental transformation of the nature of a creature, from chaos to order, one at the most minute level. Physical transformation may not be nescessary, but I makes for good visual drama.

Perhaps, if the Satyr were not originally present in Glorantha, maybe they were a remaker experiment of some kind.

BTW, where would I find information/resources on the Remakers and the Youf. I want to do a bit of research/reading.

PETE Glor(a)(o)nthaCon Down Under II
Jan 24-26th 1998
Melbourne, Victoria
Australia