blue folk

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 07:11:41 +0800

>Looking at Drastic Resolutions: Prax, the Lopers apparently
>worshipped the planet Mastakos (the source of their teleporting
>powers) and not the Blue Moon. Thus any attempt to find a relationship
>between them and the Veldang are doomed methinks.

        I'll leave the Mastakos reference for know, not having a Drastic:Prax yet. Sure, it disagrees directly with Troll Gods. But that Troll Gods Annilla writeup has always been damn suspect.

        But I completely fail to see why 'Loper People worship the Mastakos planet' implies 'Loper people have no connection to the Veldang'.

        After all, the Loper People are blue. It seems pretty logical that they might decend from one of the other blue races, and the Veldang seem the most likely candidate. I certainly think having the Loper people linked with the Veldang of Pamaltela (land of whacky wildlife) seems more plausible than to link them with the Vadeli, Waertagi, or Pelorian Blues (and please, not another indepedendent blue race). I linked the Loper people with the Veldang only slightly because of the Blue moon connection, more the blue colour.

        Cheers

                David

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #148