RE: GDv5#147

From: Sérgio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:06:29 +0100

Chris Bell on alternative Glorantha Systems: Have you seen Sky Realms of Jurune? As a fiction setting it is IMO on = par with Glorantha. Both are unmathched categories on them selves. As a game system, it is clearly a development of Runequest and = Chaosium's Basic Role Playing. I love it, specialy the combat system. Dysha manipulation is the equivalent of sorcery in RQ. Unfortunately you = would have to develop the equivalents to spirit and divine magic.

Peter Linton Tracy on satyrs/broos - Here goes my own take:
> IMHO Satyr may be Broo who have severed ties with Thed when she turned =
to =20
> Chaos. Or vice versa, Broo were members of the race who followed Thed=20
> into excess.

In mytical terms I like to see them as different from the begining, like = brothers: similar but different, brothers that followed different paths. = Your suggestion that broos were driven to Thed and satyrs to Uleria = seems just fine to me.
> I like the idea that Satyr (Or maybe anyone) who are excessive in =
their=20
> pursuit of sex, and commit rape, become Broo.
This is a very good idea, but I think that it doesn't apply to satyrs. = Satyrs don't rape! It would be the negation of their nature. Satyrs take = erotism to its extreme. Rape is the negation of erotism. Satyrs are such = powerfull seducers that they seduce DESPITE their physical apearence. Broos don't seduce they... well, they rape. Even if a broo happens to be = very beautiful and atractive he will not try to atract but to take in = pain. He will see his sex apeal as something to be ashamed of.
> Or that Broo can be cleansed of chaos to become Satyr.
IMO if a broo his cleansed he will loose the drive to rape and any sex = impulse. No more sex for him.
> I'd like to know, about Satyr breeding. According to the original=20
> write-up, they generally breed with Nymphs.
In other words, with superior beings. Just the opposite of broos.

Sergio Mascarenhas