Teleos, Satyr, Loper People

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:05:39 EDT

Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Teleosian and Teshnan human stock

>The Glorantha Book in the Genertela box says that Kralori
>humans are found in Kralorela, the East Isles, Vormain
>and Teleos. Later on it states taht there are minor races
>ion addition to Wareran, Agimori, Kralori and Veldang,
>for example Waertagi and the six-coloured Teleosians. So
>I guess the Kralori paragraph should say Teshnos, not
>Teleos.

Teshnos and Teleos have been confused with each other a number of times in the past. On one old Gloranthan map, can't remember which one, either Teleos was labeled Teshnos, or Teshnos was labeled Teleos, also can't remember which. I will stick with the Agimori stock, if only because those myths are already written. Especially since Teshnos is a very obvious ommission from that paragraph mentioned above by Nils.

>Anyway, if the Teleosians were not always multi-coloured,
>as Sandy says, Kralori _feels_ like the most likely
>choice in lack of any evidence. If they were always
>multi-coloured as Stephen says, then they are a race
>of their own.

My myths allow them to have always been multi-colored, whiled still retaining a link to the Agimori of Pamaltela. But you are correct in saying they should be their own racial stock.

Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com> maunderings

>They aren't really a "race", like elves, or ogres, or broos.
>They're more of a nature spirit. They aren't normally gregarious -
>Ironhoof's Satyr skirmishers are quite an anomaly.

The following is a completely unrelated comment: the "skirmishers" which Ironhoof has are not actually missile users. Instead, their use of their magic flutes to make people dance, and their ability to use Panic against foes, is what makes them the equivalent of skirmishers in the Dragon Pass boardgame.

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion....

>Stephen Martin
>>I just happen to disagree with him on this point.
>
>Okay. Here is what Sandy actually currently believes: the color-coding
>was present before the Closing, BUT the tribes were not separated out
>into mutually hostile groups. Instead, they lived and worked together.
>It's obvious from their birthing process that they are all one tribe.

I can easily live with this, though you now need to explain what the write-up means when it says different tribes were pirates at one time or another. But that is easily done.

David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au> blue folk

> I'll leave the Mastakos reference for know, not having a
>Drastic:Prax yet. Sure, it disagrees directly with Troll Gods. But that
>Troll Gods Annilla writeup has always been damn suspect.

Here! Here! (or is it Hear! Hear!?) I agree completely! Of all the God Learner, conglomerized cults ever published for RQ, Annilla is it!

> But I completely fail to see why 'Loper People worship the
Mastakos
>planet' implies 'Loper people have no connection to the Veldang'.
> After all, the Loper People are blue. It seems pretty logical
that
>they might decend from one of the other blue races, and the Veldang seem
>the most likely candidate.

Some of Greg's unpublished writings support this completely, stating that they came to Genertela by way of Melib Island in Teshnos (which is why the people on Melib are the only other ones who believe they still exist).

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com