A folk song from Prax

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 20:00:40 +0100

The following song can be found all around and in Prax, though it may not have originated there. As is the way with such songs it seems likely that different peoples at different times have added or amended verses, and variations on the theme are common. One of the most obvious is the substitution of the herd beast for any of the other of the individual herd-beasts of Prax*.

Riding on A Heard Beast

<chorus - sing at the start and between each verse>
Waha! Away we go, Herdbeast riding Herdbeast riding Waha! Away we go, Riding on a Herdbeast

<Verses - There is no one set order for these, some performers like to
make them follow a set route, other times, all present take it in turns to contribute (or invent) a verse until no one can think of any more, or they get fed up>

Were you ever at Days Rest?
Thats the place that I like Best
All your Herds are free from Pest!
Riding on your Herdbeast

Have you been to Devils Marsh?
The Land round there is awfull harsh
Makes you long for far-off Tarsh!
Riding on your Herdbeast

Have you stopped at Pimpers Block?
You night find you've quite a shock
When you find you are the stock!
Riding on a Herdbeast

Have you been down to Corflu
There is one great to-do
Lunars there and the Watchdog too!
Riding on a Herbeast

Were you ever at Pavis City?
All the girls there are so pretty
But the price they charge is such a pity! Riding on a Herdbeast

Have you ever stopped at Sog?
Old ruined town built in a bog
Covered with a terrible Fog!
Riding on a Herdbeast

The tune is based on the traditional song "Donkey Riding"...

Sad to see Onslaught finally die, I was waiting to see him in Unarmed combat against Drastic:Prax's Herdman with a kick of 2521%

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |