Troll Woods

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 23:11:10 EDT

Sorry to dredge up this subject, but I have some info on the Troll Woods, the only stuff in print besides very vague mentions.

Typed in from "Where's Ogmar", an RQ3 solo scenario published in Different Worlds 38, I think.

"The Setting: You are a warrior in Srak Arhan, a troll village deep in the Troll Woods. It is a fairly prosperous town as troll centers go, with about thirty huts built from stonbe, wood, and a relatively high class of debris and mud. Among the inhabitants are a powerful shaman and at least five warriors with fierce reputations."

Spells available to beginning players are limited -- I assume this is both a cultural thing and a size thing (one shaman can only keep track of so many little spell spirits, after all).

Creatures encountered include a Python, some troll and trollkin skeletons (with the requisite Zorak Zorani), a giant praying mantis, and a couple of elves.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com