Re: Telmori question

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_eagle.danetinc.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:46:43 EDT

> From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
> back again with a question about Telmori.
>
> Do she-wolves _really_ bear two-legged cubs and four-legged one ?
> Is the same true for two-legged females ?
> Is this a) often b) not so often c) seldom d) rare ?

Of course it is _really_ true. Granted, it happens about as often, on a per capita basis, as intelligent fish in the Zola Fel, or white bison on Prax, but when it does happen everybody hears about it, as it is so very important to the Telmori view of themselves.

It can also happen deliberately, but that is usually only done by the Pure Ones for rituals to create stronger links to the Telmor (frex, to make an extra-powerful shaman).

Thus, I would put it as seldom, but more common than rare (taking rare to mean that it has happened two or three times since Dawning). I expect that there is always at least one 2 legged of 4 legged birth alive at any time, and a reasonable chance of the opposite case being present (4 leggers have a longer lifespan, and so are more likely to be present given equal rates of birth).