Teleos and Teshnos

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 00:30:57 EDT

Moi:
>> remember which. I will stick with the Agimori stock, if only because
>> those myths are already written. Especially since Teshnos is a very
>> obvious ommission from that paragraph mentioned above by Nils.

Nils
>On the other hand, it says in the Teshnos section in the
>Genertela book that the Teshnans are Kralori (p. 84). In
>my Glorantha there are no Agimori Teshnans.

I think you misunderstood me. My point was that, since Teshnos was NOT mentioned as being populated by people of Kralori stock, and it obviously shoudl have been, that this is support for Teleos appearing there, being a typo. Not that what I just typed is any clearer, mind you.

Teshnans are definitely of Kralori stock. I am sticking with Teleosians being of "observationally" agimori stock. I.e., they look more like Agimori than they do like Kralori. Polynesians are already represented in the East Isles, I see no need to repeat them in Teleos.

>Teleosian myth says that Teleos is the centre of the world.
>I think it is just logical then that it also says that the
>Teleosians are the original human race. _All_ the other
>races are descendants who have devolved and got stuck with
>just one colour. The monochrome greens and violets and
>oranges no doubt died out during the Darkness.

An excellent suggestion -- I'll have to alter the myth to have one set of people go to the north. Hmmm -- Teleos' sons are the ones who found the Tribes of Teleos. Perhaps all of Teleos' daughters left, and are the source of the rest of the people of the world. I think it's time to add a myth to the cycle.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com