Rape and Broos

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_mail.airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:46:26 +0000

> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 18:36:09 +0300 (EET DST)
> From: Pasanen Panu <passo_at_students.cc.tut.fi>
> Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #150
>
> I see no real reason to assume that rape would cause chaotic results,
> like turning the assaulter into a broo. In extreme cases, like when
> the victim is also killed or driven insane etc., there might be
> a chance of a succubus forming. But as Ikadz is chaotic, and a god
> of torture, the most pious Uroxi cheerfully torture their enemies,
> not to talk of the Zorak Zorani anti-chaos practices on the unfortunate
> caught broo...
>
> Same might apply to both situations. If you 'roll a critical' on your
> Torture-skill, you do not only get a skill check, but the poor
> victim's done with a style. His spirit might end up in some infernal
> hell, or as the Kaurmeinyan version by Loren Miller suggests, is
> forever freed from all needs, and can be free of pain, forever content.

The only reason for this would be, it's more MGF (Maximum Game Fun, as you seem to be fairly new to the list; pardon me if I'm mistaken). There are certain acts that are so heinous, I think that they should mark the perpetrator's soul; rape is one. Whenever anybody in Glorantha commits rape, he is in effect creating a succubus (a chaotic parallell to fertility nymphs, according to the Gloranthan Bestiary), and thus committing a chaotic act that strengthens Thed, goddess of rape. At the very least, the rapist has voluntarily pledged his support to Thed. I feel that any act of rape (whether in wartime or in secret, among Theists or Monotheists or anyone else) contributes to the power of that entity we call the Goddess of Rape.

There are probably other acts like this, which have comparable results.

Guy Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_iname.com)
http://web2.airmail.net/ghoyle1/
Visit The Gamemaster's Bookshelf
and the PANGAEA Project!