Praxian Names

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:47:12 EDT

I don't think I posted this before. I hope not. Feel free to ignore as desired.

While working on the most recent issue of The Book of Drastic Resolutions, it became necessary to compile a list of Praxian names, so that Erich Schmidt could come up with better ones for "Song of the Intora". So, I took 1/2 hour or so and made such a list.

I post it for the benefit of anyone playing or designing in Prax.

Jaldon, an inter-tribal hero
Valatash Walker, a hero, tribe unknown
Wahagrim, a character played by Greg Stafford, Tribe Unknown Egajia, a Paps priestess
Toras Joran, a nomad hero of the 2nd Age, tribe unknown Vokord Foriosh, tribe unknown

Harjoon Karsh, a hero from the Bison Tribe who worshiped Storm Bull Narmeed, a Bison Warrior
Vanish, a Bison Warrior
Talkil, a Bison Rider
Durinda, a Bison Woman
Arling, a Bison Rider
Norayeep and Varaneena, Bison Women
Elarona, a female Bison Warrior (Storm Bull) ** Morak, a Bison child (with bull horns, so not typical) Orogurri, a Bison Rider (solar worshiper) Tokel, a Bison Tribesman who now worships Issaries Akasta, High Khan of the entire Bison Nation Orgwaha, a High Llama
Gorali, a High Llama warrior
Hessik, a High Llama Rider **
Yazurkial, a High Llama Warrior
Vianm, a High Llama Rider

Sabera, a female High Llama shaman !
Maharo, a High Llama Rider (Storm Bull)
N'Krun, an Impala Rider

Surrak Shonar, an Impala Warrior who teaches weapon skills in Pavis
Kujubbi, an Impala Rider (solar worshiper)
Mokwaha, an Impala Khan
Bimabwe, an Impala Rider

Lalira, an Impala Woman
K'Ruta, an Impala Rider
Barzaad, a probably-Praxian Khan of Storm Bull, probably of the Sable Tribe
Abelar, a Sable Rider **
Golungan, a Sable Rider (solar worshiper)
Inofar, a Sable Rider **
Gorgar, a Sable Rider
Roneer, a Sable Warrior

Joshfar, a Sable Warrior
Delenda, a Sable Woman
Samuar, a Sable Rider
Kannan, a Lunar-hating Sable Rider
Grosko, a Morocanth character played by Greg Stafford
Varaema, a Morocanth Woman
Kareel, a Morocanth slaver
Velakol, a Morocanth Warrior
Flarat, a Morocanth Shaman
Vishiswaw, a Morocanth Warrior (Storm Bull) Shurath, Dalron, Kazaan, all Morocanths well, one is human, but was raised and named by morocanth)
Scala, a Rhino Rider
Jorbal, a Rhino Khan
Gortar, a Rhino Rider **
Lomeena, a Rhino Woman **
Grettir, a Rhino Rider
Mosha, a Rhino Rider who worships Orlanth Kranaka, a female Rhino Rider who worshps Orlanth Caylash, a Rhino Rider (troll-foe)

Galazi, an Agmiori
Pachala, an Agimori
Chaku, an Agimori
Ankubi, an Agimori
Baku, an Agimori
Chingua, an Agimori
Joraz Kyrem, Pure Horse Tribe
Garngar, a Zebra Rider
Mapiri, probably a Zebra Rider
Olgkarth, a Zebra Rider
Hargran, current leader of the Zebra Riders. Unsure if he is a nomad or not.
Sitzmag, a Sable Rider from the Hungry Plateau (Peloria) (name appears to be native. Note that the Sable Riders in Shadows on the Borderlands all have adopted Lunar names, and should not be used for ideas) Kost the Tracker, a Desert Tracker. Unsure if he is a nomad, but he could be.
Boburto, probably an Impala, Ostrich, or Bolo Lizard Rider (solar worshiper)
Balablor, same tribe as Boburto
Nabok, someone's player character, tribe unknown (Waha initiate)

Sources for the above include: Borderlands, Pavis, The Big Rubble, River of Cradles, private Campaign Notes of Jeff Okamoto, Cults of Prax, Trollpak, Glorantha: Genertela, and King of Sartar. I may have missed a couple of references, but not many.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com