Umath

From: Nikk Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:28:47 +0100

Bill Thompsom:

>I need some information on Umath and his cult in first age Fronela
>Pre-Carmanian era. One of my players insists that he is an early Humakt
>form.

Your Player *might* be thinking of Humath, the East Ralian version of Humakt who did not sever his connection to the Air Rune in Godtime and is considered to be the twin brother of Orlanth. His cult is exactly the same as Humakt's, except favours Ravens as allied spirits and has Thunderbolt as a Rune Spell from Orlanth. It has been put forward on the digest that Humakt might just be the Humathi cult that Arkat brought to Dragon Pass - changing name and mythos in the process.

Alternatively, I do remember a debate a few months back where someone pointed out the similarities between Humath and Umath - they put forward the idea that since Humath/Humakt didn't really appear in the mythos before Orlanth took the role of leadership from Umath that it might have been Umath who went to Hell and took Death. Then, deciding to devote his life to Death, he was forced to step down from his position of Leadership and allow his son Orlanth to take over, and in doing so became Humath. Or it was something along those lines, I'm sure.

Nikk E.

Nikk Effingham
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/7556/

    "If absolute power corrupts absolutely,