dosakayo

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 07:19:06 PDT

Joerg Baumgartner:

>>Dosakayo is more like 18th century Hong Kong in
>>character (think Opium rather than Tea!).

>I agree about Hong Kong (expatriate city on an island). Wasn't the
>Opium smuggled _to_ China rather than out, though?

Correct. I also got the century ('twas the 19th) wrong. 'tis a fair cop but I feel society is to blame...

>What kind of mermen
>frequent the Teshnan west coast? Still Ludoch, or already Zabdamar?

I go with Sandy's long-ago-stated theory that the Mermen of the Holy Country have being trying to sabotage (quite successfully) the naval ambitions of the Holy Country.

>>The Kethaelans have left long ago after the Kralori sunk
>>their hopes of a maritime empire.

>Not in my Glorantha.

Oopsie. This should refer to the Kethaelan _government_ which has collapsed ever since their fleet was sunk and Harstar conquered Melib than kethaelans traders which are still quite plentiful.