Compromise and Free Will

From: Richard, Jeff <Jeff.Richard_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:48:12 -0700

Chris Bell wrote:

>According to the Central Genertelan/Theist point of view, The Compromise
provides >that the Gods may not interfere with the free will of humans, so that the Issaries
>who is a skilled swordsman will not automatically forced to worhsip
>Humakt.

Um. . . I don't think the Compromise has anything to do with the Scholastic concept of Free Will.

In Glorantha, violent rape can result in cosmological bad-things, whether that is universal is questionable (I for one might disagree with Sandy on this one - I think it's a Theyalan thing, otherwise how can the Rokari crusades be true to their RW antecedents?). Amongst Orlanth-influenced cultures (including Tarsh, Holay, etc), however, rape does result in cosmological bad-things. So does kinslaying. Heck, the combination of rape and kinslaying destroyed the Royal House of the Vingkotlings. The Orlanth-influenced cultures associate these cosmological bad-things with the Unholy Trio (Thed, Mallia, Ragnaglar) or their followers.

Jeff