Re: Involuntary Initiation

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:07:53 +0000

Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk> sez:
> As to whether you have to have heard of the Chaos God involved to be
> affected I dunno. But I don't believe that there is a culture anywhere
> on Glorantha where acts of evil are without risk of unpleasant spiritual
> and physical consequences. Certainly a Brithini can't do any of those
> things without breaking his caste rules and risking Death.

But, on the other hand, the evil Vadeli...

Actually, I wonder if Brithini Horals don't engage in rape as one way to produce children, and don't view rape as one of the rewards of military victory.

Anyway, in a far more frightening place, imagine how many of the knights of the Kingdom of War have been involuntarily transformed as a result of the evil they have done.

And finally, Ikadz is most definitely evil, but not everybody thinks that he is Chaotic, any more than everybody thinks that Orlanth is chaotic.

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kinda joke?"