RE: The Glorantha Digest V5 #155

From: Hibbs Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:56:54 +0100

> +------------------------------------------------------------+
Richard Ohlson:
>estimated price for raw or worked iron

That's in either the Intro to Glorantha, or the Secrets Book from Elder Secrets, can't remember which.

>price to commision somebody to work provided iron?

If your cult can work iron, then charge for the casting of the spell, costs are in the Scenario Aids section of the Gamemasters Book, plus a day's labor for a priest. If your cult can't work iron, you'll have to find one who can, and if they are friendly, you might get away with half again the cost.

>involuntary initiation

I can see the justification for this in some circumstances. I see a big difference between the LM that is a good swordsman, and someone who gains a chaos taint, rapes some one, or spends a lot of time and effort being a troublemaker. I see it as subconscious initiation, rather than involuntary.