Blue Men

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 02:55:41 EDT

David Cake:

>There is the obvious question of how two
>independent populations arose on opposite sides of the world. But also I
>always thought the blue people of Peloria were water linked, and where
blue
>people in much the same way as some Weartagi are blue - its an
indication
>of some triolini cross-breeding. Hence 'Innsmouth look' jokes (as found
on
>Nicks web page, I believe) and so on.

It's funny -- I just suggested to Shannon Appel last night that perhaps the blue strain among Waertagi came from a Darkness-era influx of Blue Vadeli blood.

>Stephen Martin also said (besides confirming that the Lopers are
>racially Veldang) that the Lopers came from Pamaltela via Melib in
Teshnos
>- - how did they get there? Via some no-longer existent landmass, boats,
or
>was it a big mass teleport? For some reason the Loper kangaroo-like
>teleporting beasts make me think of a surrealist Pern.

My assumption would be that they used the same no-longer existant landmass that the agimori used to get to Prax. A surrealist Pern, that's a cool thought. As long as I don't have to read thirty novels about it - -..

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com