"She turned me into a broo!"

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 97 15:00:16 CDT

& From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
& and Carl Fink and whoever else contributed
& If the above is literally true, that "any" rapist can become a
& broo,
& then I'm much happier with Glorantha. If it only works if the
& rapist *has heard of Thed and expects it to happen*, then I'm really
& irritated.
& Be happy. It has nothing to do with the rapist having
& heard of Thed. It's just the way the world works. HOWEVER, it's possible
& that acts of rape that are overpoweringly meant for other purposes might
& _not_ turn the participant into a broo, because the hostility, violence,
& and lust of the act are not present in the "normal" way. For example, a
& ritual rape done for (evil) religious purposes might not turn the
& perpetrator into a broo.

Also, it's perfectly possible for something really bad to happen other than becoming a broo. For example, in Shadows on the Borderland, a Yelmalian named Fethal raped a young girl named Visla. He didn't become a broo, but Visla drowned herself and a succubus formed to haunt the village of Black Rock. By the time the PCs show up, the competent adults have all been killed and the children of the village are all ogres or lamiae. Basically, the entire village went down the toilet. (In my rather quirky Glorantha, the PCs wound up burning it to the ground.)

Someone brought up a good point about Ikadz and torture by Uroxi. I'm not prepared to address that one fully, but remember that Glorantha is about myth, re-enactment of myth, and (for non-Illuminates, anyway) your motivations.

Scott, Baron von Moosehsunchen

Scott Haney scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1