On rape and Humakt

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:32:55 +0100

DIVINE CONNECTIONS OF RAPE
  1. "Thed's willing submission to rape provided him [Wakboth] with other, = more powerful, brothers and systers" CoT p. 48 What this might mean is that if a women 'willing submits to rape' her = child may be a broo or a chaos tainted person.
  2. IMO a male that comits rape does not necessarily become a broo or an = initiate of Thed but there should be a chance of acquiring a chaos = feature.
  3. IMO we must distinguish four types of rape: a) Rape as a consequence of luxury and uncontrolable passion; it is more = connected with Subere then with Thed. The rapist does not intend to = rape. He does it because he is driven to it by his passion. He can even = desaprove his own behavior. Rape is a consequence.=20 b) Rape for rape. This is the sadistic pain inflicting act. Here rape is = an end in itself. This is connected to Thed. c) Rape in a total war context. Here rape is a means and a consequence. = Unconnected with Thed but there is the risk that the means will become = the end... d) Rape as retaliation: an eye for an eye, a rape for a rape...

HUMAKT IN DRAGON PASS I need help on the issue of when did Humakt cult appear in Dragon Pass. = I don't remember the source but it is writen somewhere that Arkat = introduced the cult of Humakt in Dragon Pass. That means that his cult = would be unknown in DP before the end of the first era. Now, in Cults of = Prax it is said that barbarians introduced the cult of Humakt in Prax in = 35 ST. There is a contradiction here. Any clues?

Best,=20

Sergio Mascarenhas=00=00