Re: Inhuman King + Heal

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:35:52 +1000 (EST)

> Joerg on the Dragonewts :
>
> > Arguing from the rules:
> > Remember that Dragon Pass works in daily steps. That means, a
> > dragonewt slain anywhere in the Pass will be reborn _the next day_ in
> > its home city, and rush into battle again. Obviously this takes some
> > major magical ability, which the Inhuman King embodies...
>
> It's even better ! The newts come not the next day but they come
> instantly back at the rally round after their death (rule 16.5.2).

I seem to remember Greg (someone else?) way back stating that the "instant" rebirth of the 'newts in Dragon Pass was a byproduct of the Hero Wars and the intensity of magic available. In other times (ie. not during great battles), the 'newts were reborn much more slowly. I'll try and dig around for the times that were quoted - my memory said the shortest was in the order of weeks.

Robert McArthur