Humakt in Dragon Pass

From: Richard, Jeff <Jeff.Richard_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:10:01 -0700

I'd like to add my support to Steve's reconciliation of the origins of Humakt in Dragon Pass:

>Here is one possibility. What was known in the First Age to most Orlanthi
>was a subcult of Orlanth which worshiped him as the wielder of death.
>Note in _King of Sartar_ that one myth says that Orlanth's sword is named
>"Humakt". This is very important, IMO.
>Thus, the people who invaded Prax were not Humakti, per se, they were
>Orlanthi "soldiers", who worshiped the subcult of Orlanth's Sword.
etc. etc.

I fully agree with Steve's summary of the origins of Humakt. It is possible that the subcult of Orlanth's Sword has survived in some ancient holy centers. Old Wind is rumored to have a shrine to Humakt as an associate of Orlanth - although that is only a rumor.

>Does this work for you, Chris? Does it work for anyone else?

Works for me.

Jeff