Re: Herbs

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 19:42:43 +0000

And Steve said:
> Actually, I think Jane is wrong here. Greg seems to favor a view that has
> the Orlanthi believing they are made of (originally) equal parts of each
> of the five elements. Thus, the primal humans were equally part Air,
> Earth, Fire, Water, and Darkness. After all, the first humans were made
> by all gods in the Golden Age, before the Gods War.

Oh, good. I rather liked this system myself. So, the Orlanthi have five elements.

> I think a similar procedure can be seen in Dara Happa, where the first
> humans were formed from a mix of Fire, Heat, Light/Intelligence, Earth,
> Shadows, and Emotion.

That's a new one on me. Fine: but I won't be doing the DH classifications.

> A lot of this theory depends on what you consider to be the "elements" of
> the creation. I would love to see Kralori and Doraddi explanations
> following this theory.

Yes - each culture will have their own variant. Just as they do in the RW, in fact. I'm interested in the Orlanthi system for general background, and in the Morocanthi system for my new PC: any guesses what elements they recognise? The standard five, with Darkness emphasis?

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml