West King Wind and other Pent Gods, Post 3rd age Glorantha

From: TechnoPooka <remster_at_interport.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:45:58 -0400

Can anyone here on the digest please point out for me any sources on the Web or elsewhere that have pantheon listings or RQ3 style cults and background for the pantheons of the Pentan nomads? Dave Dunham's Grazelander info is great, but would it apply strictly to the nomads of the Pent? I'm especially interested in West King Wind (being the Orlanth nut that I am:), but I'm curious about the whole Pentan cosmology and history.

Do the Pentans have any cosmological/historical inks with the nearby Praxians? Is the hatred between the Praxians and the Pent Nomads due to a mythic reason, or from reasons within time, such as during the 1st council conflicts? Please, enlighten me (as opposed to Illuminate :)

I'd also like to know more about post 3rd age Glorantha, specifically the illiteracy era (4th age?) and the causes thereof, and the fate of Peloria and the former lands of the Lunar Empire after the destruction of the Red Moon at the hands of Argrath, as depicted in KoS. Did the Lunar Empire still exist? Was it transformed? Did the Red Moon become the White Moon? What the hell happened, for us non-KoS owning scmucks out there? Most of all, is this time period a feasible era for RQ3 gaming? How about that ol' Kingdom of War? Without the Lunar Empire around, I I suppose that few forces could stop these tapping jokers, eh?

Thanks to all, and blessings of Arachne Solara upon you all!

Chris Bell
mailto:remster_at_interport.net