Human elements

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 23:17:17 +0200

Stephen Martin:
> Actually, I think Jane is wrong here. Greg seems to favor a view that has
> the Orlanthi believing they are made of (originally) equal parts of each
> of the five elements. Thus, the primal humans were equally part Air,
> Earth, Fire, Water, and Darkness. After all, the first humans were made
> by all gods in the Golden Age, before the Gods War.

In East Isles myth, different races have different major elements (mermen - water, gold wheel dancers - fire etc.). Humans started out as the bungled attempt of the no-good storm gods to create inteligent life. So the other elements had to lend a hand to patch the new creatures together. Thus humans partake of all elements.

Fits rather well with the view Stephen presents, I think.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689