Horoscopes

From: Hibbs Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:33:27 +0100

Is there a cool Gloranthan word more appropriate then horoscope? I don't know the etymology of the term.

I do not believe in astrology in the RW. Your personality is a product of your genetics and upbringing. The time of year in which you were born may shape your first experiences of life, so winter children may well be distinguishable from summer ones, I don't know.

Therefore, RW astrology relies on mystique and the tying in of dozens or hundreds of contributing factors in order to map a personality onto celestial events. In Glorantha, the planets and stars *can* have a dramatic and measurable effect on people, so the relatively simple celestial mechanics of Glorantha will be easily tied in to personality and destiny.

We don't need to look for a long 'processional' cycle in order to have Gloranthan astrology, because we don't need to fit two entirely unrelated sets of information (celestial movements and peoples personality) together. In Glorantha, they fit together naturally, and don't have the same air of mystique and uncertainty about them.

Out of interest, one of the players in my game is playing a Humakt/Orlanth initiate, and he rolled his birthday randomly and got Wind/Death/Storm!

Has anyone got a decent Spell Fumbles Table? I've got a short one on my web page, but I'd like to see some others.

| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy perfect symmetry? |