Pent

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:43:40 +0000

Thanks, everyone, I should have enough to go on now.

I can see I need to read up about the Grazelanders, then add cattle. And then lots more variations, and star lore. Fine. And variation between clans, too.

Just one quibble with the advice given:
> You want female warriors/hunters? These must be Lunar-infected. Get back
> your red hair...

Well, the female warrior/hunters are right there in the Glorantha box. Women are Riders from the ages of 14 until they are married. Riders are described as going in for horse archery and skirmishing but not hand-to-hand combat. I'd guess that, this being a solar culture, "unmarried" and "virgin" are the same word, so a deity/patron spirit for this age group would probably have a lot in common with Yelorna (wihtout, of course, being identical). I'd have them switching to a proper, adult, deity once their first child is born. But until they're proved thenselves fertile, they're as expendable as the boys.

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml