Re: The Sentinel

From: Peter Linton Tracy <937058_at_bud.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 13:12:02 +1000 (EST)

I sent a message a while back that never seemed to make it to the digest, here it is written again.

Joerg Baumgartner

> Dave Black:
>
> >I was wondering if anyone knew what "The Sentinel" is. It is shown on the
> >large map of Prax that accompanied the River of Cradles book.
>
> Essentially, the Sentinel is a mountain or large rock which gives a
> prominent landmark above Feroda.

The Sentinel also was the name of the story that inpired 2001 - I think this rock near Feroda may be a Big Black Monolyth (not monomyth ;-). maybe venerated as an ancestral sight by the local Baboons. ;-)

Maybe it is the birth sight of Monkey, or Gorilla or someone esle important to the Baboons of Prax.

I gotta dash.

Pete