Re: Rape & healing

From: madamx_at_mikka.net.au
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 11:20:52 +1000

From:Darvall. Madamx_at_mikka.net.au
Sergio's concept of rape being less frequent in Glorantha as it makes the perpetrator unclean strikes a definite cord. Cleansing a relative who raped in battle frenzy could send a party on some very strange paths.

Dirt from Orlanth's temple should be rejected by the body, but if it does not contain a disease spirit might it not just encyst & gradualy work its way out? There are records of people having objects lodged in their bodies for years with no septic effects.

Jane Williams has sent me back to my herbals, one of which mentions the 'Herb Wars' when the College of Physicians was supressing common knowledge of herbal lore in favour of their more expensive (& incidentaly dangerous) remidies. Would the CAs try to restrict herbal knowledge so as to protect a large part of their income?