Rape and Chaos and Elan

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_mail.airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:47:21 +0000

Remember the concept of "elan" from STORMBRINGER? You accrue brownie points from your chosen deity for performing certain acts sacred to that deity.

I propose a similar concept for Glorantha. If you perform an act that is heartily endorsed by a deity, you get "elan" from that deity, even if you don't worship that deity. The problem comes where you have several deities who overlap, like gods of war; how do you determine which one the elan applies to? Maybe there is a cultural aspect to this, after all.

The elan would then be used simply to determine if the character has inadvertently become initiated to the deity in question. I don't think it could be used for DI, as in STORMBRINGER.

Guy

Guy Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_iname.com)
http://web2.airmail.net/ghoyle1/
Visit The Gamemaster's Bookshelf