sylphs and death-for-life

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 15:39:34 -0400 (EDT)

joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com (Andrew Joelson)

> Why doesn't the Lunar Empire's Cult of the Young Elementals provide
> Lunar-types with air elementals/Sylphs?

The explanation given is that the Young Elementals marked the creation of a new universe in the void created when the Spike was destroyed, and that universe was "stopped" by the creation of Time before its local Umath could appear.

I kinda like that, but it's clearly too Theyalan and God-Learnerish to be right any more.

Probably "the Lunars" have access to air spirits, but not via the Young Elementals.

If a culture requires everyone (as opposed to their leaders) to kill an enemy before marrying, and they aren't really tiny, they become extinct pretty quickly. Think about it.