Some questions for my upcoming campaign

From: Beyke, Maurice A <mabeyke_at_ingr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 08:55:28 -0500

The list has been real slow lately, so what the hey, I'll ask some questions I have about the campaign I'm working on getting started.
  1. Anyone have a good source for crop and stock (especially stock) yields in an agrarian society? Especially, how much butter/cheese/etc. produced per animal, per acre, and how many man-days of food that is, fodder production per acre, and how much needed per head of stock, etc. I've found a lot of info about grain and vegetable yields, but nothing I've found so far covers the dairy end of the picture.
  2. Jeff Richards, I remember when you were starting your ToDP campaign, you asked if anyone had detailed maps, history, etc. of DP. Did you get anything, and would you be willing to share? Does anyone else have anything like this? I'm planning a ToDP game myself (toying with using the Torkani tribe; they always appealed to me. But I may use the Varmandi instead, since there's a lot more written up about them.) so any legends, stories, timelines would be useful.

3)We know that there has been at least one elf-human crossbreed in Glorantha; Pavis (though admitted, this was probably done with strong Youf mojo). Also connected with Pavis, his kids (I believe) were said to have bred with Flintnail, a mostali. Has there ever been any troll-human crosses, however? Tuskriders are called half trolls, but I got the impression that was not literally true. Any others out there, and how hard would it be? I would think it would be easier than the other two, trolls being much more similar to humans than either are to elves or dwarves.

Well, that's all I can think of now.
- ----
Maurice