POW vs CON

From: Hibbs Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 18:39:07 +0100

Sergio:
>do we really need power and magic points? IMO be don't. Instead
>of Power we should use Constitution and instead of MP we
>should use Hit Points or Fatigue.

It has already been suggested that CON should regenerate MPs, and POW holds them. That covers what you say about spirits and gods needing worshippers.

>powerful magic would require the sacrifice of constitution =96 =
>or other characteristics

That would change things a lot, in RQ the POW spent on divine magic and enchantments can be regained through 'magical' experience, switching to CON or other stats is a big step. Maybe permanent fatigue points could be spent and regained somehow. How about getting a 'fatigue tick' when you reduce yourself to 0 fatigue in a stressful situation? You thus learn to stretch yourself magically and physically further by actually stretching yourself to the limit. Folks who play really safe and keep huge matrices and crystals to back themselves up don't progress as fast.

The major drawback with this system is it resurrects the much-hated Fatigue Points system, that so many referees either ignore or replace.

philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk
alt: phibbs_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/phibbs +--------------+

| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy perfect symmetry? |