RE: Temple dirt.

From: Clark, Daren <DCLARK_at_cldx.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 09:53:24 +0100

Thomas/Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net :
> Then I would like to make a small experiment in Glorantha. I wound
> miself with a knife deeply in my leg. Now I take dirt found in an
> Orlanth temple and put that stuff into my wound. Then I heal my wound
> with the dirt inside. After a while what has happened ?

Andrew Joelson:
>After performing such a ceremony, an Idiocy Spirit will doubtless
>answer your invocation....

I don't know about the Idiocy Spirit, but it seems appropriate. On another slant, however, a true Orlanthi would baulk at performing what most would construe as an act of sacrilege. If you were not an Orlanthi and the temple guardian spirits decided to let your attempt to steel temple ground go without note, then I wouldn't like to be in your shoes when you walk into any but the friendliest temple with consecrated ground in your body. And of course if they did take offence at your theft of temple ground, then even though they are restricted to the temple they can follow you 'cos you have the temple or at least part of it in you.

DarenClark_at_aol.com

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #172