Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #174

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_mail.airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:13:27 +0000

> Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 13:22:47 -0400 (EDT)
> From: <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
> Subject: Re: Rape and chaos
>
> Kevin Maroney:
>
> << I've always taken a very magic-rich interpretation of Glorantha. I
> believe
> that Broos can breed with *any* living creature as long as they take it by
> force, because of their link with Rape. (Actually, some times I don't limit
> it to living creatures; somewhere in the vast wastes of the Glorantha is
> the offspring of a Broo and a pile of broken glass.) >>
>
> I'd rule that the 'mother' has to at least have the physical equipment
> have offspring, so males and piles of broken glass are both out. Sterility
> of the mother *isn't* a problem, but she at least has to have a womb,
> egg-laying organs or whatever.

I wouldn't have any problems if the pile of glass was orginally a statue of a woman or some such, but this kind of thing should be an extraordinary event. Still, I have some problems with the apocryphal broo-mated-with-a-stove, though it might be fun to encounter.

Guy Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_iname.com)
http://web2.airmail.net/ghoyle1/
Visit The Gamemaster's Bookshelf
and the PANGAEA Project!