GLs again?!

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 16:50:04 -0500

Joerg Baumgartner:
> The barbarians are not storm? Come on, Pam, there are enough God Learner
> or Theyalan Council influences in Dara Happa to identify Reb. Term. with
> Storm. And after all the Dara Happan involvement with Sartar started
> with Moirades and family stirring up the Dara Happans to smash that Storm
> God Rebellus Terminus in Sartar, in 1602

        Oh come on, the GLs didn't get to Peloria, we've been over that before. Blocked by the proto-Carmainians & EWF.

        As for Thelayan Council influence, that has stronger possibilities. The problem is that you are concentrating too much on anal-retentive Yelmies. You can be sure the Carmanians didn't charge into the Dragon Pass wars to smash a Yelmic boogey man. Neither did the Blue Moon Plateau Trolls. All this guff about smashing Rebellus Terminous is just pushing the buttons for the Dara Happans; makes 'em want to go along with the others who want to;

a) smash their neighbors (Tarsh)
b) pillage their ancestral enemies (Vanch & Saird)
c) make contact with Dagori Inkarth (BMP trolls)
d) open up trade routes to the sea (Carmania and lots of others)
	And there were probably a lot of other, lesser reasons.

Andrew Joelson				    joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanafal Tarnils and Humakt |  "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /