Sheepherdin' magic

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 15:18:43 -0400 (EDT)

ilium_at_juno.com (Stephen Martin) notes....

V.S. Greene
>Well, what I want is something that will handle both the virtually
>magic-less sheepherders and the magic-mastering Heroes

What makes you think herders are "virtually magic-less"? An Orlanthi herder is just as likely as a warrior to know his full INT in spells -- his spells are just more useful, like Detect Sheep, and Heal Sheep, and Repair Broken Staff, and run Faster than a Sheep, and Not Get Tired When Chasing a Sheep, and Become Strong Enough to Pick Up a Struggling Sheep, etc. Peaceful spells are no less powerful than Warlike spells, they are just a different type of magic.

     A bad choice of words on my part. I was more referring to different campaign styles or world visions; some people may want a very low level of magic where Olaf the sheepherder knows only of magic as something the priest talks about while others may want everyone to have access to lots and lots of magic and magic items and so on. Personally, I'd figure that Olaf has those spells and can have the option for other magics, but I suspect that some folk want really low magic campaigns.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...