Stats and Elements

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 07:45:48 -0400

Jane writes:

> What I can't sort out yet is associations between the five elements
> and the 7 stats.

What I've used before, most notably in our "MoonQuest" house rules, is:

        CON     Darkness
        DEX     Water
        SIZ     Earth
        INT     Fire/Sky
        STR     Storm
        APP     *Man
        POW     *Magic

I am well aware that there are other suggestions out there, and all manne= r
of carping criticisms are possible: this works for me, is all. Compare wi= th
the gestation and birth of an infant: first it's *alive* (CON), then the mother can feel it moving (DEX), then it becomes a great bulky thing for her to carry around (SIZ), then it's born into the world to open its eyes=

(INT), and finally it starts wailing and breaking things (STR). Being human, its form is the Man Rune (APP); and its magical power is, of cours= e,
related to the power Rune of Magic (POW).

::::
Nick
::::